Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Poem #06

"Anxious"

My whole life she,
Blames it on the anxiety
Like she knows exactly
What's in my head.
It's always,
I know what's best
I went through it
We're the same
We're not the same though
I know this.  At least I think I do.

I denied it,
Denied help,
Still do,
I'm better now.
Created divide, dug out, there to stay
Maybe.
But it's not so bad, I picture her as she is when she's happy, not mad about the invisible problem
that has made itself visible so often
But I deny it.
It's not there.

Found ways to cope
without the help of those who can find me ways to cope.
I know what's best
She's given up telling me I don't.
Once I knew my own flaws
I could work on trying to fix them.
Once I knew my own flaws
I could work on how to hide them.
Underneath.
You wouldn't even know they were there at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment