Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Ways to come up with childrens' stories

1.)  When I was little I liked to play with knight figurines with my sister and make up medieval conflicts and stories.  I also liked to make imaginary adventures that my friends and I would go on.  Then I played video-games a lot.

2.)  "Have you ever done any drugs?"  "I thought this was stainless steel. . .  what the?"  "All the small things."

3.)  "But you only need the light when it's burning low / Only miss the sun when it starts to snow"  -Let Her Go by The Passengers.

"Count every star in the midnight sky / Count every rose, every firefly." -Count Every Star by The Ravens

4.)  Children want to be firemen and policemen and the President (jobs they can't have).  Children also want unlimited candy and games and toys and other such things.  

5.)  A swing on a tree that launches into space if you swing high enough.  Or a toy car that can turn into a normal sized car and talk.  

6.)  One theme could be, be nice to others and they will be nice in return.  Another theme could be, rules can be broken in certain situations.  

7.)  When I was younger, one question I had was, "where do babies come from."  Another possible question could be, "how did the mountains get there?"  


No comments:

Post a Comment