Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Writing Starter #30

My favorite books when I was younger were always the Harry Potter books.  No matter how sad I was, or how bad of a day I had, they always managed to make me smile.  It was just so incredible and valuable to be transported to this magical world full of adventure.  And the characters felt like close friends by the end of it.  The universe was so engrossing and inviting.  I was still growing up when the books were coming out one by one.  Each time a new one came out was an exciting occasion, my family would go to the midnight releases and fight over who would get to read it first.  When it finally came to that last sentence, I was sad, but still satisfied.  I will always look back on these books with fondness because of the wonderful journey that led to their end, even if the ending wasn't the best thing ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment