Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

One-Act Play Fischer EARLY ROUGH DRAFT


“Rough Air” by James Fischer

5 Characters.  

Mose - A rather large gentleman, a pleasant and kind fellow.  He very much dislikes making others uncomfortable.

Laurus - An uptight businessman with, always worrying about checking his e-mails.  Very controlling and unpleasant around strangers.

Pancrazio - A very strange individual, at least by the definition of strange that most of us abide by.  To him, he is completely normal and justified in everything he does.

Flight Attendant - Male or female.

Pilot - Male, 50s.  


Setting.

A row of three cramped seats on a plane, and the aisle next to those seats.


Play.

(Mose, Laurus, and Pancrazio enter with suitcases, walking down the aisle towards the seats as the pilots voice can be heard in the background)

PILOT:  We have a completely booked flight today, so please be respectful of all the other passengers around you.  It’s gonna be a. . .  Well, we’ll be a little cramped, but I’m sure you’ll all manage to get comfortable with each other.

(Flight attendant enters from downstage, going up the aisle)

MOSE:  (To the flight attendant as he/she tries to squeeze past the three passengers) No no, I’m sorry. . .  This can’t be right, I was sure I bought two seats.

FLIGHT ATTENDANT:  I’m sorry sir, but we are completely full on this flight.  No seat is open!  You’ll just have to-

MOSE:  (Trying to whisper) You don’t understand I won’t. . .  I can’t fit with the way I’m-

PANCRAZIO:  You’ll be okay man, we can make it work!

LAURUS:  (scoffing) I don’t think so, get this fatso out of here please.  I need room for my laptop.

MOSE:  (After an uncomfortable silence) Well I sort of have to get to Chicago to see my daughter. . .  trust me, I bought the two seats ya know, I just (trailing off) apparently it didn’t go through or what have you-

No comments:

Post a Comment