Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Writing Starter #44

Immediately after he walked out of the door and I shut it behind him, I knew I had to tell someone.  How can you get hear that caliber of secret and not want to share it.  I couldn't handle the information alone.  I needed to tell someone to even believe that it was real; To make sure I wasn't just going crazy and hearing things.  A father.  He was going to be a father.  The only other people who knew were the mother and his parents.  And he told me of all people.  Didn't he know that I can't keep that type of secret.  Next time I saw Jerry I told him right away that we needed to talk.  This wasn't going to be weighing my mind down any longer.
The moment it left my tongue I knew it was wrong.  It wasn't my place.  Now he would tell someone else, and they would tell others, and soon the whole school would know.  That's exactly what I was supposed to PREVENT from happening.  But I guess it's just human nature to cause these types of things.  It would have gotten around anyways, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment