Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Writing Starter #47

DEBRA:  (Now alone, Smoky lays dead in the sand beside her.  Speaking slowly with many pauses, full of emotion).  Well here we are buddy.  Right back where we started.  And yet this time everything is different.  This time I'm gonna have to leave without you. . .  as hard as that's gonna be I just gotta accept it.  Because that's. . . that's life and that's.  That's death I guess.  Now I've seen it, now I know what it looks like.  I guess I still don't know what it feels like though buddy and you. . .  you know that now eh?  They'll be catching up pretty soon now so I. . .  I've gotta leave you here.  (Fighting through tears)  Leave you. . . here.  It's been a hell of a. . .  hell of a ride through it all buddy and I just.  I just want you to know I'll never be forgetting you.  (Rising in volume) I'll never be forgetting you and I'll never overlook you, I WILL NEVER TAKE YOU FOR GRANTED AGAIN.  (After a long pause) So goodbye.  
(Debra steps into the hot air balloon to make her escape).     

No comments:

Post a Comment