Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Writing Starter #45

JAMES:  It's not a question of what movie YOU like best.  It's a question of what the best movie ever MADE is.

MOM:  Well, that's a subjective question, isn't it?

JAMES:  And I'm looking for an objective answer.

SISTER:  My answer changes every other week.

JAMES:  Many people would argue that it's Citizen Kane.  

MOM:  I would argue that you can't even answer the question.

JAMES:  I guess you could be right. . .

SISTER:  I think that whatever movie YOU enjoy most at that particular time is the answer for you, and everyone can just have different answers to the same question.

JAMES:  You're missing the point completely.

MOM:  Just stop arguing about it, clearly none of us care.

JAMES:  We have to care!  These are important question. . .  Maybe it is unanswerable.

SISTER:  Can we just start the movie again?

MOM:  Yes, PLEASE!  

JAMES:  Fine.  It will remain unanswered for now. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment